Language is our system for transporting ideas – for communicating our thoughts to others. But it’s only a means to an end, not an end in itself. Communication doesn’t take place until the information has been received and clearly understood.
The ability to create effective written communication is essential for an organization to operate successfully. Anyone who is responsible for people, products, services, policies, operations or money is also responsible for communicating facts about those aspects of the business. The facts presented determine the decisions made.
The accuracy of the decisions made is determined by the clarity of the facts presented.
Throughout this workshop, we’ll examine the specific strategies and techniques that lead to effective business correspondence, and we’ll apply these concepts to the various types of writing you do.
This workshop focuses on...
- writing a quality document in less time using the P.O.W.E.R. approach to writing
- focusing the message on the readers’ needs and perspectives
- impacting the reader by putting the right information in the right place
- reducing the time spent revising and proofreading documents
- using editing techniques to ensure correctness in grammar and usage
- understanding the power of simplicity and using it in all documents
- using high-energy, high-impact language to achieve results
- formatting for visual appeal and accessibility of information