There is no doubt that, in today’s business environment, communicating effectively is an essential professional skill – a skill that can affect an individual’s image and success as well as that of the organization.
Effective communication encourages a healthy and productive environment by eliminating misunderstandings and unnecessary flare-ups. It focuses on using techniques to communicate assertively and setting your own personal limits. It also focuses on understanding your audience, especially when handling defensive reactions and behaviours from others.
This workshop will enhance your ability to be an effective and proficient communicator by using the key strategies that lead to powerful communication.
This workshop focuses on...
- understanding what communication is and why it is important in the workplace
- communicating to internal and external audiences
- realizing the communication process
- identifying and solving obstacles that create communication barriers
- ensuring the message focuses on your audience's needs
- developing the ability to give a clear message in an appropriate tone
- improving listening skills and the ability to read non-verbal cues
- realizing the different communication styles and knowing how to adjust your approach depending on the audience
- understanding and avoiding communication breakdowns