Meetings, presentations and learning events are more frequently being offered in virtual environments where it can be challenging to keep groups focused and on track.
In this workshop, you will look at the unique challenges of virtual facilitation and develop the ability to use a variety of interactive techniques and activities that create successful virtual sessions. You will be able understand how to use your presentation software functions to increase engagement, establish motivation and maximize participation. You will also look at techniques to manage time, keep the group’s attention and meet the session goals.
By the end of the day, you will have designed a virtual session of your choice using the techniques covered in the workshop.
- applying theories of adult learning to virtual session design and facilitation
- identifying opportunities to create interactivity using activities and feedback
- determining how to best make use of virtual presentation software to engage participants
- establishing and maintaining a positive climate in a virtual environment
- creating audience-focused objectives
- verbalizing transitions and link activities
- troubleshooting common virtual session issues
Public training: Register for the session
Skills category: Presentation and Facilitation