Readers frequently turn to policy and procedure documents to understand the internal processes of an organization or department. Yet, those same readers are frequently frustrated because the documents are so difficult to comprehend because of poor content, language, organization and layout. Learn the fundamental factors of presenting a crystal clear message using a reader-friendly format to effectively write policies and procedures.
This workshop focuses on...
- understanding the difference between a policy and procedure
- assessing and determining the content required
- organizing for clarity and understanding
- writing in a plain language style and creating a reader focus
- formatting to make the policy or procedure document easy to read