Meetings are at the heart of virtually everything we do in business—they are an essential component of any work environment. They can be a productive tool for stimulating ideas, generating plans of action, generating a sense of team spirit and resolving issues. Yet, so often meetings don't do any of these things!
Unfortunately, because meetings often fail to achieve their goals, they become a frustrating waste of time, energy and money. In fact, it has been said that effective meeting management is one of the most under-developed management skills in North America... at a huge cost.
Fortunately, there are methods that can undo the meeting mismanagement. In this interactive session, you will have the opportunity to develop effective meeting leadership skills.
This workshop focuses on...
- creating a clear statement of purpose
- developing effective agendas
- starting and ending meetings on time
- keeping the discussion focused and achieving the objectives of every meeting
- interacting effectively with meeting participants
- dealing with difficult issues