Next intake: October 18 - November 19, 2021
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the full schedule and to register.
Right now, many of us are being tasked with moving our training to a web-based delivery format. While there is an abundance of information on this topic, it can be overwhelming to know how to proceed.
If you are in this situation, we can help.
We have designed the Virtual Trainer Certificate Program to provide you with a clear step-by-step process to move your in-person training to a virtual delivery. We have focused on the skills trainers and designers need to provide interactive, engaging and results-focused training of the same quality as their classroom training.
By the end of this program you will be able to:
- Describe best practices for virtual training.
- Repurpose in-person classroom training to virtual delivery.
- Design effective virtual classroom training using web conference interaction tools.
- Provide a positive virtual classroom environment with engaged participants.
- Increase learning transfer by building activities for before and after the virtual training.
This program focuses on live, virtual training (synchronous learning where a facilitator is leading the session). For our sessions, we will be using Adobe Connect; however, everything we cover in the program can be applied to the platform of your choice.
What makes this program unique?
Our five-week program is a blended learning experience, which includes the following:
- You will participate in four weekly, 2-hour live virtual training sessions.
- Each week you will complete an assignment and receive instructor feedback (approximately 2-4 hours/week).
- Throughout the program, you will receive useful resource materials including manuals, tip sheets, checklists and a curated list of other online resources.
- You will receive two one-hour, one-on-one sessions with the instructor to help integrate and apply the concepts faster with the work you do.
- At the end of the program, you will pilot your own 30-minute session and receive instructor support and feedback.
In this intensive program, we will provide in-the-moment coaching, support in-between sessions, practice time and plan development with feedback.
Using your choice of web conferencing platform, we’ll help you develop and launch high-quality training for the virtual classroom. We will work with you to repurpose your existing classroom training content into a virtual delivery. By using a blended, activity-based design, you will be able to create training that gets the same, if not better, results.
This program will help you build strong “how to” skills for successful virtual training. By working on an actual program you need to redesign, you will get much needed work done as well. Also, this program will give you a behind the scenes look at what needs to happen to successfully roll out virtual training in your organization.
Not only will you be able to learn from the processes and skills we demonstrate in our sessions, you will also be able to learn from other learning and development professionals through classroom discussions and other sharing opportunities.