Meetings, presentations and learning events are more frequently being offered in virtual environments where it can be challenging to keep groups focused and on track.
In this workshop, you look at the unique challenges of virtual facilitation and develop the ability to use a variety of interactive techniques and activities that create successful virtual sessions. You will be able understand how to use your presentation software functions to increase engagement, establish motivation and maximize participation. You will also look at techniques to manage time, keep the group’s attention, and meet the session goals.
• Apply theories of adult learning to virtual session design and facilitation.
• Identify opportunities to create interactivity using activities and feedback.
• Determine how to best make use of virtual presentation software to engage participants.
• Establish and maintain a positive climate in a virtual environment.
• Create audience-focused objectives.
• Verbalize transitions and link activities.
• Troubleshoot common virtual session issues.
DELIVERABLE: You will design a virtual session of your choice using the techniques covered in the workshop.
NOTE: A virtual workshop demonstration will be offered on April 30 at 9:30 a.m.