Early Bird Pricing (before March 31): $895.00+GST
Written communication is essential in the workplace. Email alone accounts for a large percentage of our daily writing tasks. Consider this statistic: in 2014, an average of 121 business emails were sent per day, and this figure is expected to grow to 140 over the next four years (source: The Radicati Group, Inc.).
The reality is that we usually can’t avoid some form of writing as part of our daily work, even if writing is not our area of expertise or the reason why we were hired to do our job. And yet, the quality of our writing is important to our career success.
If you want to sell something, persuade someone to take action or just inform an audience, your writing matters. The better you write, the more easily you will be understood, and you will see more of the outcomes you desire. And remember, effective writing involves not just using correct grammar but also organizing your content in a logical way for your reader.
What about you? Do you find it a challenge to compose emails, letters, reports and other workplace documents? If you answered yes, this program will help you overcome those challenges.
You’ll learn how to apply a five-step writing process—plan, organize, write, edit and review— that will help you improve your writing skills and the quality of your workplace documents. The process will also help you decrease the amount of time you spend on writing tasks, so you can focus on other important aspects of your job. We will cover key concepts including writing with clarity and conciseness, using plain language, creating powerful sentence and paragraph structure, and using correct grammar.
Throughout the course, you will be actively involved in group discussions and weekly writing assignments. You will also be involved in editing groups, which will help you become a more astute editor.
• Determining the qualities of effective written communication
• Writing with P.O.W.E.R.
• Gaining control over large volumes of information
• Organizing for clarity and understanding
• Using time-saving techniques for planning and organizing
• Writing a quality documents in less time
• Using fast, effective editing techniques
• Using language strategies that enhance the clarity of the content
• Using plain language to create a personal connection with your reader
• Creating goodwill through language
The Program Includes:
• Over 30 hours of self-paced web courses
• Four virtual one-on-one coaching sessions
• Weekly assignments
• A copy of the Eclectic Writing Series of books